The Crème de la Crème of Treadmills Has Arrived
- This is a guest post by Nicole Bonilla -
What happens when an iPad flirts with a treadmill and one thing leads to another? Thanks to Technogym, we have the answer.
Meet Run Personal, one of the latest releases from the world leader in designer fitness equipment (aka Technogym). With a 19” touch-screen display, internet access, and a sleek design that would make any modern interior designer drool, the Run Personal is one of the most hi-tech, beautiful… and most expensive treadmills on the market. With a price tag of $8,995, it's not for the faint-of-wallet. Let's examine why you may be in the market for one and why it's so pricey...
In short, this treadmill is absolutely perfect for people who multitask for a living (and really, who doesn’t?). Maybe you’re the type to constantly check your email. Maybe you love browsing online and your boss won’t let you do it at work. Or maybe you just don’t want to leave your Facebook friends waiting. No worries. The Run Personal allows you to do all of this – and more. Check out this list of features that make Technogym’s latest release the hottest piece of fitness equipment on the market:
- Beautiful 19” touch-screen display that’ll put your iPad to shame. It’s drool-resistant, too.
- Sleek design that will convince houseguests you’re classy and serious about working out.
- Internet capabilities that let you stay in the loop with friends while you run. Tweet what lap you’re on. Update your facebook status to tell the world about your cool new treadmill. Check out pics from last night on a better screen than your cell can serve up. Don’t miss a beat.
- Convenient iPod/iPhone connection lets you listen to your music, not the gym’s. Just downloaded a movie from the iTunes store? Go ahead – watch it.
- Several pre-installed brain teasers and games distract you from the “burn.” That’s right – exercise your mind and your body.
- Inspiration – if your treadmill is top-notch, why shouldn’t you be?
So, is it worth it? Honestly, that’s for you to decide. If you’re a serious runner who’s often seriously short on time, the Run Personal could be the perfect tool to help you balance work and play. If you prefer a treadmill that sticks to the basics, it’s probably not for you. Either way, you’ve got to admit that Technogym is taking the phrase “work hard, play hard” to a whole other level. Seriously, any treadmill that begs to be displayed on a glowing pedestal is definitely worth looking into.
Hopefully our local gyms catch on soon and start buying fitness equipment from Technogym. Imagine: an entire fitness center full of designer, top-of-the-line, 21st century equipment that embraces our use of the internet. Can you think of a more enticing reason to crawl out of bed in the morning and head to the gym? I certainly can’t.
Nicole Bonilla is a sophomore Psychology major at Cornell University in New York, with a growing passion for advertising and digital media.