I went on Pix11 Morning News in New York City today to share my Caliente Calves routine, which you're going to love for summer! It's really simple and you can do it at home without any equipment. Reporter Lisa Mateo didn't even wear shoes and she did just fine :)
But first, why should you focus on working out your calves? These are my uncontestable reasons:
- They give your legs shape.
- They show off muscle tone, which tells people that you work out.
- They're SEXY! These days, it's not just about hips and booty. As I said on Pix11, calf curves are IN!
The secret to building sexy calf muscles is exercises with quick and powerful movement. Watch my clip from Pix11 this morning to follow along and start sculpting!
The Pix11 producer had to cut 1 move out of my routine before we went on-air because the segment was only a few minutes long, so I uploaded the full version of the Caliente Calves workout to the Mizzfit YouTube channel. Watch it here and thanks for LIKING it on YouTube :)
Here's the full Caliente Calves workout written out for you with some notes based on how I do the workout myself at home:
- Standing calf raises - 3 sets of 8
- Hop and hold calf raises - 3 sets of 8
- Squat jumps (extend your arms up to catch more air and don't forget to get your booty down low to get your money's worth on these!) - 2 sets of 8
- Curtsy lunges - 2 sets of 8 on each side
- Speed skaters (do these fast to get your heart rate up) - 2 sets of 8 on each side
- Plíe squats with alternating raised heels (get down as low as you can and try to keep your back as straight as possible for good form) - 1 set of 8 squats
- Plíe squats with both heels raised (do these slowly to stay balanced) - 1 set of 8 squats
Las Gracias! Many thanks to Haute Athletics for styling me and my Fitness Fly Girls this morning. We had a blast. You can find the very lush & leafy garden print leggings we wore along with many other fab styles on www.HauteAthletics.com.
I must always give credit where credit is due, and that's to RJ of Renarda Joy NYC for doing my hair and makeup. She always whips me into camera ready shape!
What's your relationship with your calves? Like to show them off or keep them covered? If you tried it, how hard did you find this Caliente Calves workout to be? Dying to know and thanks for commenting!