This is a guest post by Meghan Kelley.
I had a busy week of testing out Nike's new Rebel Sports Bra (mine is white). I tried it out at Fight Club (a kickboxing club I belong to), ran 4 miles in it, and put it through a 90 minute soccer game. Thanks for the support, Nike! Overall, the the Rebel Sports Bra didn't look very pretty but it was extremely comfortable and supportive. I'm a 34C and found that I could adjust the bra in multiple ways for a perfect fit.
- The seamless construction was so comfortable unlike many bras I own that cut into my shoulders and become painful after a while. The soft, seamless construction on the bottom made this comfortable enough to wear to midday class and then keep on.
- The perforated holes in the front and back provided ventilation and comfort.
- The Rebel is adjustable in the back and along the straps. I made it very tight, which I like. I love this design feature which allows the Rebel to fit many different body types and wear it as tight as you like.
- The molded cups were supportive and kept the girls from moving too much during multiple activities.
- There's no painful underwire!
- I loved the racer back construction that fit perfectly, without being exposed, under all my racer back tops.
- It looked huge and matronly when I first took it out of the package. It looked better when I actually put it on but I still would've prefered less coverage.
- It was especially long at the bottom.
- I loved the adjustable straps but the closure was hard to secure.
- The back closure kept twisting and laying horizontal instead of vertical.
- The molding and contouring at the bust could've been more flattering and shapely. It almost needed rounded inserts like the ones added to Lululemon sports bras for more oomph.
THE FINAL GRADE
I give this sports bra a B+. It scores high in performance and low in design. The Rebel Sports Bra suits larger busted women, C cup or above who are looking for high impact support and comfort over style. It's best for running and high energy sports. Distance runners will love that it wears comfortably for long periods of time. Personally, I would like this bra better if it was more flattering and had less coverage. Right now, my favorite sports bras are Lululemon's Tata Tamer and Champion's Double Dry Distance Underwire Sports Bra.
About the Author: Meghan Kelly designs Women's Active and Swimwear for Oakley in Southern California. She loves soccer, touch football, yoga, running, paddle boarding and of course fashion.
Photos courtesy of Meghan Kelley and Cohn & Wolfe