This is a giveaway for 2 tickets and an amazing gift bag to SELF Magazine's annual Workout in the Park event taking place this Saturday (May 10th, 2014) in New York City's famous Central Park. There's no catch. One lucky Mizzfit reader who's ready to sweat and watch some of the latest workout trends play out will win this giveaway. So if you'd like that to be YOU, follow the instructions in this post to enter my giveaway. Don't worry, it's cake.
But first, let me tell you a 'lil about SELF's Workout in the Park. It's the ultimate outdoor fit event showcasing new group fitness classes, fit fuel innovations and fitness fashion for you to try out and shop. If you're a fitness fanatic living in or near Manhatan, you don't want to miss this action-packed day. You'll have the opportunity to try a variety of mini classes like Tabura, Rock Yoga, Beach Body and Absolution. Even Crossfiters can get their fix at the Reebok Fit Zone.
Tickets run $30 and you'll definitely get your money's worth considering boutique-fitness studio classes in NYC cost an average of $35. Plus, you can expect lots of freebies throughout the day. Workout in the Park takes place from 11:00am – 3:00pm giving you plenty of time to take at least 3 classes, watch a nutritional how-to demo, get a beauty consultation and make the swag rounds.
This year Bob Harper is hosting SELF Workout in the Park. As if he needs an intro...but just in case you were kidnapped by aliens...he's the other trainer from the popular weight-loss show The Biggest Loser (a.ka. Jillian Michael's pal). He's also a New York Times best-selling author. Harper will be leading his ultimate total body-blasting workout on the main stage and signing copies of his 4th book, Skinny Meals.
UPDATE: Giveaway has passed :( BUT, now you get to watch this video below! Check out my coverage from this event and meet the giveaway winner and the friend she took with her.
Let's talk GIVEAWAY now. See the girls in the pic above? They're toting SELF FitPacks which come with my awesome giveaway. If you win, you'll get these items along with 2 tickets:
- An official SELF Workout in the Park bag
- CRUNCH Live 1-Month Membership Pass
- Bob Harper’s book Skinny Meals featuring 100 delicious recipes under 350 calories
- Emmy’s Organics macaroons (these are SO GOOD)
- Reebok running shorts
- Athleta Sports Water Bottle
- Health Warrior Chia Bars
- KIND Healthy Snacks
- Bai superfruit infused, antioxidant packed beverage
- Victoria’s Secret Sport headband
To win the pair of tickets and 1 SELF FitPack, you have to do 3 things:
- Follow @Mizzfit_Bianca on Instagram and Twitter and Like the Mizzfit Facebook (because why not?)
- Answer the following question in the comments section: If you were a workout, what would you be and why? (You can even name something wild that hasn't been invented yet...just explain what it is. I'd like to see where you take this!)
- Include your email address in your comment (so that I can reach you, duh)
Get a move on it because I'm picking winners Friday, May 9th 2014. Like I said, it's cake.
If you don't like entering giveaways (boo), buy yourself a ticket HERE. It comes with a 1-year subscription to SELF Magazine. Once you've got your ticket, head over to Rumsey Playfield in Central Park and enter at East 69th st./5th Avenue. If you see me there, just holler.